Wednesday 14 January 2009

After the camp part 1 (Carl)

We have just got back to internet access and I will only be able to post a short blog about the camp (hence the part 1 bit). We are having to book a hotel, answer emails and arrange transport all in a short bit of time...we will post more next time we get access. So in shorthand this is the camp

Overall: Really good, lively, got to know the young people and adults. Lots of activities, very hot

Us: Rachel got a throat infection and had to see the doctor, I got a throat infection later and am now on antibiotics

Language: Shakey at times, when Rachel was ill I had to fend for myself and try to communicate. Some english speakers helped out. Rachel has struggled with accents, very different from the Spanish she has learnt...By the end of the week, I communicated in Spanglish and Rachel was holding many conversations with young people

Activities: Celebrations (services), Bible studies, sports, workshops, sleeping(!) and you guessed it, late nights...lots of dancing

That´s it for now, watch this space as we will try and post some pictures...

Oh and yes, I do have a tan...

God bless and thanks for your prayers

Carl & Rachel

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carl!! I´m Marina... I´m ill too!!! But I loved the camp!! The boys & girls are great!!!
    I´m must improve my english!!! Snif... See you in a few days at Bahía Blanca!! T/C XX to Rachel!! Is she all right now???

    ReplyDelete